Here at Sleepinglikealog, I welcome your comments and believe in open communication. With that said, here is my comment policy.
1. I use Disqus as my comment platform. This means you can log in to comment via Disqus, Facebook, Twitter or Google.
2. I do try my best to answer all question submitted via comments. But combined with the sheer volume of questions I get via email, sometimes it can take a while for me to get to your question. Please don’t take it personally. This is a one man operation.
3. Comments from visitors without verified emails require moderator approval.
4. I reserve the right to delete your comments. This is my site. I don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog, not mine.
Specifically, I will delete your comments if you post something that is, in my sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services.
5. You retain ownership of your comments. I do not own them and I expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on my site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve me from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
6. You grant me a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant me the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, my goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. I believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this.